Gloria Sunday was a great success on September 16. Our all-church celebration, Gloria Sunday, is our Gloria Dei version of a Back to Church Sunday. It is a way to kick off the new Sunday school year and to have a little fun and encouragement together. We also reached out to the community through postcards, preschool outreach, and some advertising.
Some of the fun things that we did on Gloria Sunday:
- Pastor’s sermon was a real encouragement. (Click here to listen to it!)
- We received the Lord’s Supper together in worship.
- We brought school supplies to be given to children in Mexico through Grace Latino Ministries.
- The children sang after service.
- The new Sunday school year started.
- We ate really well (brunch and then an ice cream sundae bar!).
- The children all got a really nice balloon creation from The Balloon Chef.
- We enjoyed each other’s company and had fun.
- In Adult Bible class, Pastor mentioned some exciting plans we have in the works at Gloria Dei:
- The new lectionary series starting with Advent will be in Luke
- Adult Bible Class will be studying the Gospel of John starting next week.
- Women’s Bible study will be studying 1 Corinthians starting in October.
- Continuing military outreach to our India Company family at Camp Pendleton
- Continuing support for missions in Africa and Mexico
- Christmas toy drive
- Outreach to preschool families at Lil’ Country Christian Preschool
- Hiking Club
- Wine Tasting
- Game Nights
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Advent and Christmas services
Get in touch with us
Gloria Dei is a loving community of believers on a journey of faith together. We love each other and want to welcome others in. If you are looking for a warm, friendly church, we would love to meet you. Fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page, and we will get in touch.
Even though Gloria Sunday has passed, there is so much to look forward to in the future — worshipping together, learning more about Jesus together, supporting each other, and having fun in the meantime.
Here are some opportunities to join us in the near future:
- Wednesdays at 10:30am, Women’s Bible Study
- Wednesdays at Noon, Worship
- Sundays at 9:00am, Worship
Or take a look at our calendar.
Enjoy the photo gallery of Gloria Sunday! Click on any picture to expand.